Arteaga fell ill on a Thursday afternoon in June. He was in his office in Danville, Ill., when he says the symptoms came on quickly. "The chills, and body aches, severe cramping, sharp pain in my stomach," Arteaga recalls.
The illnesses started appearing in late March. Here and there, across the country, people were checking themselves in to hospitals, sick from toxic E. coli bacteria. At least 200 people got sick. Five of them died.
Chipotle Mexican Grill has reopened its Powell location as official investigate reports of illness linked to the restaurant. Hundreds of people reported symptoms of illness like nausea, diarrhea, and vomit after eating at the on Sawmill Parkway restaurant.