California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed into law the nation’s first over-the-counter access to HIV-prevention drugs.
The law permits pharmacists to dispense post-exposure drugs for emergencies, and pre-exposure drugs that can significantly reduce the risk of contracting the disease.
And the California law comes amid a new report that the number of sexually transmitted diseases increased to a record high last year.
Today on Wellness Wednesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher: HIV and STD prevention, and more.
- Dr. Carlos Malvestutto, assistant professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Sam Metz, Reporter, Palm Springs Desert Sun
- Janet Morrissey, journalist and author
- Dr. Matthew Messina, Upper Arlington-based Dentist, Editor, The Ohio Dental Association
- Nicholas Reed, assistant professor of audiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine