Several Dayton organization are asking for volunteers to aid in disaster relief efforts this weekend, following Monday night’s devastating tornadoes. Here’s how you can help:
The Living City Project is sponsoring a clean-up at locations throughout the Miami Valley. Those interested in participating must sign up here.
Volunteers are asked to meet at the following locations at 8:30 a.m.:
- Old North Dayton (park at Osman Gazi Mosque, 1508 Valley St, Dayton)
- River's Edge Apartments (park at Grace House Church, 1222 N Main St, Dayton)
- Northridge / Wagner Ford Rd area (park at EC Gentleman's Club, 2213 Wagner Ford Rd)
- Harrison Township area (park at Hopeland Church, 6025 Miller Ln, Dayton)
- Trotwood-Madison High School out back (4440 N Union Rd, Trotwood)
- Be Hope Church (1850 N Fairfield Rd, Beavercreek)
- Miami Lanes (1159 S Miami St, West Milton)
Participants are asked to bring gloves, power tools, trucks, and trailers if available.
The Red Cross needs volunteers to help distribute emergency relief supplies and meals to neighborhoods affected by the tornadoes. Visit www.redcross.org and click on the Disaster Volunteers Needed link to register.
Community Blood Centers is in need of type O positive blood. The donation center at 349 South Main Street in Dayton is open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, and closed on Sunday. Donors can schedule an appointment by visiting www.DonorTime.com or calling 1-800-388-GIVE.