The estimated number of U.S. law enforcment officers who died by suicide outnumbered those who died in the line of duty for the third straight year in 2018.
It's a growing issue in police department across the country, but a lack of data and relunctance to admit it exists have only exacerbated the issue.
Today on All Sides, suicide in law enforcement and how police officers are trained to manage the job.
- Marla Friedman, Police Psychologist, Director of Investigations and Board Chairman, Badge of Life
- Mark Weinman, Retired Columbus PD officer, Director of Government Affairs, Ohio Fraternal Order of Police
- Mark DiBona, Board Member and Public Information Officer, Blue H.E.L.P
If you or someone you know is in crisis, help is available.
- The Fraternal Order of Police Crisis Line: 1-800-367-6524
- You can text "BLUE" or "TALK" to 741741
- Visit safecallnow.org or call 206-459-3020
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255