Studies have shown that disadvantaged teens who participate in mentorship programs are much more likely to succeed later in life than those who don't, but it can often be a struggle to match young mentees with adult mentors. In Columbus, organizations and individuals are working to connect these two groups in creative ways. Today we'll discuss how mentorship programs are impacting young people in Columbus with a panel of guests.
- Dr. Sarah Schwartz, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Suffolk University
- Elizabeth Joy, Executive Director, The Mentoring Center of Central Ohio
- Larry Smith, founding editor, SMITH Magazine
- Kim Leddy, teacher, mentor, journalist at 614 Magazine
- Sarai Castillo, student mentee
Six In the City: Columbus Live will be performed at Shadowbox Live! on Wednesday, March 1st, at 7 p.m.