Licking Memorial Hospital opened a new clinic for people experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus.
The hospital advises people exhibiting a fever, cough, shortness of breath or muscle pain to contact their primary care physician to obtain an order for the clinic.
The clinic will be open 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but hours may adjust according to need. The address is 131 McMillen Dr. in Newark.
Patients will be allowed to drive up to a station where clinical staff will confirm the physician order, check photo ID and provide viral testing. Patients will remain in their car during the testing process.
People who have symptoms of the virus and do not have a primary care physician should call (220) 564-4123 before coming to Licking Memorial Hospital for testing.
Until further notice, staff will be stationed at the main and emergency department entrances, which will be the only doors open into the hospital.
Visitors will be asked a few questions to screen for possible COVID-19 and have their temperatures checked, and those who are coughing or display signs of illness will be asked to leave the hospital.
The Ohio Department of Health makes the following recommendations to protect yourself from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Ohio's coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634.