The number of children heading into the kitchen to cook and bake was already on the upswing before the pandemic, helped along by the popularity of cookbooks for kids and TV shows like MasterChef Junior and Chopped Junior.
Since March, the kitchen has become a prime gathering spot and teaching center as kids experiment with recipes and the science behind food.
Today on All Sides with Ann Fisher, we’re talking with the editor in chief of America’s Test Kitchen Kids, a company that develops recipes for children.
Support 89.7 NPR News and receive one of these special thank you gifts, including:
- America’s Test Kitchen Kids: The Complete Baking Book For Young Chefs
- America’s Test Kitchen Kids: The Complete Cook Book For Young Chefs
- America’s Test Kitchen Kids: Young Chefs Book Bundle
- America’s Test Kitchen Kids: Young Chefs Club One Year Subscription
- Molly Birnbaum, editor-in-chief, America’s Test Kitchen Kids