How do urban adolescent African American girls experience their world? How are they affected by those experiences, and how do we support them, help them succeed, help them discover their strengths and abilities to overcome the obstacles before them? these are all questions posed by the Rise Sister Rise Research Project. The goal is not only to identify the markers-- relationships, school performance and significant adults in their lives -- but also to devise the strategies that will help girls navigate a path to success and well being. We'll learn more about the study right after the news on All Sides with Ann Fisher
on 89-Seven NPR News. Guests:
- Fran Frazier (Rise Sister Rise Project Principal Investigator)
- Leslie Brower (Rise Sister Rise Project Co-Principal Investigator)
- Lara Belliston (Mental Health Program Evaluator/Researcher, Ohio Department of Mental Health)
- Rise Sister Rise, Official Site
- Are you looking to volunteer for the "Rise Sister Rise" cause? You can call (614) 259-RISE to get in contact with the program.