Zahn's Corner Middle School sits on a crest along state Route 220 in Piketon. Ordinarily, the school year would be wrapping up in about a week. But instead of kids, all you hear is the lonely clunk of the halyard as a big American flag flaps in the breeze.
Top WOSU Stories
- ACLU Sues Ohio To Block 'Heartbeat' Abortion Ban
- Ohio Senate Looking Over State Budget, With More Spending On The Line
- Opponents Say Science Doesn't Support Abortion Reversal Bill
- Ohio's New Lethal Injection Protocol Could Be Ready Soon
- Piketon Residents Wrestle With Nuclear Plant's Legacy After School Closure