Women racked up victories across the country on Election Day. It’s a testament to the explosion of women candidates who have entered the political stage since Donald Trump was elected president one year ago. Coming up a look at how gender influences politics.
- Wendy Smooth, Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Department, Ohio State University
- Debbie Walsh, Center for American Women and Politics director, Rutgers
- Debbie Johnson, Upper Arlington City Council President & Mayor
- Beth Kowalcyzk, member, Worthington City Council
- The New American Electorate Beyond the Voting Booth: Building an Inclusive Democracy-this 2 day symposium will foster an interdisciplinary dialogue on the growing diversity of the American electorate, and what is necessary to protect and extend democratic inclusion for women, men of color, millennials and new immigrants, those underrepresented groups comprising the new American electorate. Thursday, November 30th through Friday, December 1st Ohio State campus.