The introduction of artificial trans fats in the American diet was a key factor in the rising rates of heart disease. At first, trans fats were seen as a healthy alternative. It wasn't until decades later when research discovered otherwise and eventually resulted in the Food and Drug Administration eliminating trans fats from food.
Coming up, we discuss the history and evolution of trans fats, opioid overdose response training and fitness myths.
- Matthew Parrish, lieutenant, Columbus Division of Fire
- Kim Severson, food reporter, New York Times
- David Schleifer, director of research, Public Agenda
- Robert Davis, co-author, Fitter Faster: The Smart Way to Get in Shape in Just Minutes a Day
- Brad Kolowich, Jr., co-author, Fitter Faster: The Smart Way to Get in Shape in Just Minutes a Day