The recent deaths of Westerville Police Officers Eric Joering and Anthony Morelli has put a spotlight on the dangers officers face when responding to calls of domestic violence. The heightened emotional stress of these calls can pose extreme risks to all involved.
Today, we look at the social and legal challenges domestic violence poses for victims and police officers.
- Sgt. Richard Ketcham, Domestic Violence Unit, Columbus Police
- Sue Villilo, executive director of CHOICES for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Anne M. Murray, director, Domestic Violence and Stalking Unit at the Columbus City Attorney’s Office
Domestic violence resources are available at:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800)-799-SAFE (7233)
- CHOICES 24-hour crisis line: 614-224-HOME (4663)